Terms of Service
By purchasing a convention badge and/or tickets, you acknowledge having read and agreeing to these Terms of Service.
All participants in Dao De Jing LLC dba Escapade's convention event known as "Sher Con" (or "Convention") are required to, and hereby do, assume all risk of participation in the Convention by accepting this terms of service agreement ("Agreement") and the assumption of risk and release of liability described below.
- Every attendee is required to possess and display a convention badge, with the exception of children ages eight and under. Children ages eight and under must be accompanied at all times by an adult Parent or Guardian who possesses a valid badge. For security purposes all children must be registered at the Convention Headquarters table and receive a wristband.
- Some events are free for attendees, however most events require the purchase of tickets to participate. Although children ages eight and under do not require a badge to attend the convention, they do require their own tickets to participate in ticketed events. Simply spectating an event does not require a ticket.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted as payment online or on-site. In addition, cash will be accepted on-site. Checks and Money Orders are not accepted at any time.
EXCHANGES & REFUNDS
- Convention badges are nonrefundable.
- Event tickets may be exchanged or refunded up until the event's start time.
- Generic tickets may be exchanged or refunded up until an event's start time (if exchanged for event-specific tickets) or up until 11:00 pm the day of the convention (if refunded).
- A convention badge is required to process any exchange or refund.
- Ticket refunds will be managed at the Customer Service table and will only be refunded to the original purchaser.
- All tickets are only good for the year they were purchased.
If an event has been cancelled, visit the Convention Headquarters desk for an exchange or refund of your tickets. Entry badges will not be refunded due to event cancellations.
LOST BADGES & EVENT TICKETS
Sher Con cannot replace lost, stolen or forgotten badges and/or tickets. Sher Con will not provide refunds, credit, or replacements for any lost items. Lost, stolen, or forgotten items must be repurchased at full cost. It is recommended you check with the Convention HQ desk to see if your materials have been turned in to Lost & Found. Sher Con assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or forgotten materials.
WAIVER / ASSUMPTION OF RISK / RELEASE OF LIABILITY
You agree to assume all risks of participating in the Convention and release Sher Con from any liability for loss, damage or injury (including disability or death) to your person and property while attending, participating in or becoming involved with the Convention. You specifically make the following representations and assurances to Sher Con, acknowledging that Sher Con would not permit your participation in the Convention without receiving such representations and assurances:
"I wish to participate in a Sher Con Convention subject to the terms and conditions herein. I acknowledge and agree that the Convention involves some inherently dangerous activities. Sher Con will use good faith efforts to conduct and manage the Convention, but I understand that it is not possible to make the Convention completely safe. I warrant and represent that I am sufficiently knowledgeable, skilled and/or informed regarding the Convention to properly and fully judge the inherent risks of the Convention.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
"I acknowledge and agree that the Convention involves potential risks of serious personal injury, disability or even death. I represent that I have sufficient physical fitness to participate in the Convention and I have no medical reason or impairment that might otherwise prevent me from participating in the Convention. If I know or should know of any condition or problem that might prevent me from safely participating in the Convention, I agree that I will immediately advise Sher Con and remove myself from the Convention.
"In consideration of being allowed to attend, participate in, or become involved with the Convention, I hereby assume full responsibility for my own safety and all minors under my care, and accept all known and unanticipated risks of loss, damage and injury (including death or disability) to myself, my charges, and my property while attending, participating in or becoming involved with the Convention, regardless of whether or not such risks are attributable to the negligence of others. By assuming and accepting all known and unanticipated risks, I completely absolve, waive, discharge and release Sher Con and all its employees, advisors, consultants, members, contractors, organizers, operators, volunteers, sponsors or other persons affiliated with Sher Con and all facility staff, guests, fellow participants, landlords, owners, management companies and the like (collectively the "Indemnified Parties") from any legal duty for my safety or any liability for my harm, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
"In consideration of being allowed to attend, participate in or become involved with the Convention, I hereby agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Indemnified Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, controversy, lawsuits or possible causes of action ("Claims") that may accrue or arise from any loss, damage or injury (including death or disability) to my person and property that is in any way related to or arising in connection with my attendance at, participation in or involvement with the Convention, regardless of whether or not such Claims are attributable in whole or in part to any act, omission or negligence of the Indemnified Parties. I agree that the Indemnified Parties will not be legally responsible for any loss, damage and injury (including death or disability) to my person and property arising out of or in any way connected to the Convention, however caused and on any theory of liability whatsoever (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise), including but not limited to the Indemnified Party's own negligence. Such defense and indemnification shall include all reasonable costs, expenses and attorney's fees that may be associated with any Claims. I further agree that I will not cause, encourage, promulgate, support or cooperate with (unless such cooperation is judicially mandated) any Claims to be brought against the Indemnified Parties.
"I understand that the above release and assumption of risk is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability but is not intended to assert any defenses that are prohibited by law. The release and assumption of risk shall be enforceable to the fullest extent allowed by law. If any portion of the release and assumption of risk is held invalid, those parts that are not held invalid shall continue in full force and effect. The terms of the above release and assumption of risk shall apply to and be binding on myself, my spouse, my heirs, all members of my family, executors, administrators, representatives, and assigns.
"I understand this Agreement is a binding contract that supersedes any other agreements or representations and is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability but is not intended to assert any defenses which are prohibited by law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The parties hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Sheridan County 4th Judicial District Court any actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or relating to this Agreement and irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to the laying of venue of any action, suit or proceeding arising out of this Agreement. The parties hereby irrevocably waive all rights to trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim (whether based on contract, tort or otherwise) arising out of or otherwise relating to this Agreement.
EXPLOITATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS
"In consideration of being allowed to participate in this Convention, I hereby agree that Sher Con and its assigns and/or licensees may photograph and/or record my likeness and/or voice and my participation in the Convention and without any additional consideration, I hereby agree that Sher Con and its assigns and/or licensees may distribute, exhibit, broadcast, exploit, advertise, publicize and promote my name, biographical material, likeness, voice and performance in and in connection with the Convention or other Sher Con events. I further agree that Sher Con may edit my appearance therein and I waive any personal or proprietary rights with respect thereto. I represent and warrant to Sher Con that I have not made any contract or commitment in conflict with this grant of rights to Sher Con. Nothing herein contained shall obligate Sher Con to make or cause to be made any broadcast or other use of said appearance, or to exercise any of the rights granted to Sher Con herein.
ETHICS, CONDUCT AND NO HARASSMENT
"I understand that Sher Con is dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable, and harassment-free Convention experience for all participants and workers, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or affiliation, and I hereby acknowledge that disruptive behavior, inappropriate and unlawful conduct, and harassment in any form will not be tolerated. I agree to conduct myself, and any minors under my supervision, in a safe, responsible, non-disruptive, and lawful manner while attending the Convention, and understand that violation of Convention policies as determined by Sher Con in its sole discretion, may result in my expulsion from the Convention without refund."
If you need to report an issue you may do so by visiting the Convention Headquarters table.
- Media recording equipment larger than a handheld device is allowed only with an approved Press badge or the express consent of Sher Con. Those with professional recording needs or non-professional recording interest should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendees may not block aisles or walkways, impede movement, or disrupt the Convention for photo-taking or recording purposes.
- Media recordings of exhibitor booths, on-sale products, demo products, and events are prohibited without the consent of the associated exhibitor or event organizer. Attendees are responsible for knowing and complying with any additional rules and regulations pertaining to their location of recording.
- Sher Con's Ethics, Conduct, and No Harassment policy extends to photos, recordings, and act of recording taken by attendees at the Convention. Attendees acknowledge that their photos and recordings must comply with Sher Con's Ethics, Conduct, and No Harassment policy, and that a failure to do so may result in expulsion without refund from the convention. This policy is enforced at Sher Con's sole discretion.
- Sher Con, Sher Con Gaming, and any associated iconography are trademarks of Dao De Jing LLC. All rights reserved. Use of these marks without express written consent from Dao De Jing LLC is prohibited.
If you have any inquiries regarding our Refund, Exchange or Cancellation Policies, please email us at email@example.com. During the convention, all inquiries can be made at the Convention Headquarters table onsite.
Purchase of a convention badge and/or tickets indicates acknowledgement and acceptance of this Agreement.
"I have carefully read this terms of service agreement, fully understand its contents and hereby accept and agree to it voluntarily of my own free will. I affirm that either I am over 18 years of age and have full right, authority and capacity to enter into this terms of service agreement and to make the release and assumption of risk described herein, or that my parent or legal guardian has read and agreed to this terms of service agreement."
If participant is under 18 years of age, parent or legal guardian must also agree, and affirm that he/she has the right, authority and capacity to agree to this Agreement and to make the release and assumption of risk described herein for and on behalf of the participant, that he/she has carefully read this Agreement and understood its contents, and that he/she is hereby accepting and agreeing to it voluntarily of his/her own free will.
End of Agreement.