Escapade is pleased to offer events in Sheridan for the phenominal X-Wing Miniatures Game!
Our league is organized into four seasons per year, each season consisting of approximately 5 league events and 2 tournament days. These generally take place on alternate Wednesdays, 6-9 pm. You don't need to attend every session, or stay the whole time. Just play when you can.
Each league event and tournament has a $5 fee, which gets you $5 in store credit. (So events are essentially free as long as you support the shop.) If you've never participated in a gaming event at Escapade before, there is no fee for your first visit.
To promote our first season (Summer 2018) we're giving away an alternate art Tactician card to the first 16 players to pay a league event fee. In addition, the 4 top ranked players at the end of the season will get their choice of either an alternate art Ello Asty pilot card or acrylic evade tokens.
These prizes are in addition to tournament prizes, which will be available later in the season.
- League has approximately 5 events per season. These are generally every-other Wednesday, from 6-9 pm. But see the schedule for exact days.
- Event space is limited, with 4 tables available. There is time to play at least 2 matches per table. Matches are encouraged to limit themselves to 75 min each.
- All league games are two player, max 100 point dogfights, with the simple goal of wiping out your opponent's whole squad or getting them to condeede. Smaller squad matches are allowed.
- You can play any faction versus any faction. Feel free to contact other players ahead of time to plan matches (factions, point values, etc.) however don't tell them exactly what you'll be using!
- If you only bring a single faction, and hope to play with any unique cards, be sure to bring non-unique options. You and your opponent can't play the same unique in the same match.
- League games follow the official X-Wing Rules Reference, FAQ, and Tournament Regulations. Copies of these documents will be available to reference during events, or can be downloaded here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/x-wing-organized-play-events/
- Players must bring all materials necessary to play, including ships and bases, tokens, cards, dice, obstacles, and templates. However space is limited, so please only bring squads you plan to play with. And to save time, try to pre-build your squads as much as possible.
- Third party accessories are allowed (tokens, maneuver templates, etc.) if approved by the event organizer before play.
- Proxies are not allowed in any form. Cards can be sleeved or not.
- Each player must use their own damage deck. Opponents are allowed to examine each others' damage decks before the match begins.
- Be sure to bring at least 6 different asteroid and/or space junk obstacles, as these will be used in every league game. You may wish to mark these in some way (without changing their shape, size, or thickness) to make it easier to identify which are yours at the end of the match.
You can play matches that do not meet the above criteria during league events. You just won't earn league points for them. And only games played at scheduled events count towards league ranking.
After you're done playing for the day, turn in your score sheets! If we don't get the sheets, the matches didn't happen.
- Playing a league match to completion gets you 1 point.
- Playing someone you haven't played yet during the current season gets you 1 extra point.
- The winner of the match receives 1 point.
- League points are averaged over the number of matches played. This will generally result in scores ranging from 1.10 to 3.00.
Margin of Victory
- Margin of victory is used to break ties in league points. It is also a useful measure of general player prowess.
- At the end of the match, each player finds the total value of opponent ships they destroyed, including upgrade cards equipped to those ships.
- If one player completely eliminated the other's squad, this counts as 100 points destroyed even if the total squad value was less than 100.
- If a large ship has at least half the sum of its hull and shields gone (including points from any upgrades) then half of its point value (rounded down) is counted as being destroyed.
- If a player conceeds the game, all of their ships are considered to have been destroyed.
- The player who scored the most points adds the amount by which they exceeded their opponent's score to 100 to attain their margin of victory (MoV). The player who destroyed fewer points subtracts this difference from 100 to attain their MoV.
- (For example, say Adam destroys 100 points and Beth destroyed 65 points. The difference in points destroyed is 35, so Adam's MoV is 100+35=135 and Beth's is 100-35=65.)
- Margin of victory will be averaged by number of matches played.
- A player must participate in at least three league matches during the season to be ranked.
- Ranking will be based on average league points, with margin of victory used to break ties.
- After the final league event of the season, the top ranked players may receive prizes. (The first ranked player chooses first from the prize pool, then the second ranked player chooses from the prizes that remain, etc.)
- Not every season may have league prizes, and/or the size of the prize pool may vary.
- After league is completed, the season tournament takes place. Depending on number of players, this may require more than one meeting to complete. (If multiple meetings are required, one event fee will be sufficient to cover all of them.)
- Participants will play 3 or 4 matches, each against a different person. Tournament rankings will be based simply on total number of wins, with total margin of victory breaking ties.
- In a tournament you use a single squadron through all matches. Even the pilot cards and upgrades must remain the same, and remain assigned to the same ships. You can add upgrades between matches (as long as this doesn't bring you over 100 points), but then those upgrades will also be locked in for the rest of the tournament.
- The first 16 people to pay for a tournament will get special promo upgrade cards, and the top 4 players will receive their choice of a promo pilot card or other prize. (Tournament prizes for the Summer 2018 season have not yet been announced.)