Game Rental & Exchange
- Rental - Intrigued by a game, but worried about buying a dud? Or maybe you want to try something different but money is tight? For just $5, take one of our demo copies home for up to a week! And when you bring it back, if you decide to buy a new copy your rental fee will be discounted from the purchase price. Details.
- Exchange - Tired of a game and want something new? If we don't have the game in our library, and your copy is in good condition, we may offer store credit in exchange. Details.
Game Rental Details
As long as a scheduled event isn't going on, you can play any of our demo games for free during our open hours (Thurs/Fri/Sat, 1-9pm). But if you want to ensure you'll have access to the game, or want to play it at your conveneience, then renting can be a great idea.
For $5 per game (up to 3 games at a time) you can take it home for up to a week. Did you like the game? When you return it, your rental fee can be used as a discount for buying a new copy!
Current Games Available to Rent
- 7 Wonders
- 7 Wonders: Duel
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game
- Betrayal at House on the Hill
- Captain Sonar
- Citadels (2016 edition)
- Clank! A Deckbuilding Adventure
- Hostage Negotiator (with Abductor Pack #1 and #2 expansions)
- King of Tokyo (2016 edition)
- The Resistance
- Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective (Thames cases)
- Smash Up (with Awesome Level 9000 expansion)
- Thunder Alley
- Ticket to Ride
- Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
What do I need to do?
To rent a game, you’ll need to sign a rental agreement (the usual "you break it, you buy it") and let us keep your credit card info on file. Take the game home and play! It’s due back in a week.
What If I don't return it on time, or if i Ruin Everything?
If you’re late, we’ll charge your card an extra fee ($5 per game) and your due date will be extended another week. If a whole month passes, we will charge you the price we sell the game for (minus the $20 in rental fees you will have accrued up to that point) and the game will become yours.
If you return the game damaged or with pieces missing, we’ll charge you what it costs to replace things. We will try to keep this cost as low as possible by only replacing the problem components, but if vital parts cannot be replaced individually we may have to replace the whole game.
Game Exchange Details
We may accept used games in exchange for store credit, using the following guidelines:
- Generally, the game must not already be in our library.
- The game must be in excellent condition: In the original box, no major tears or rips in the box or components, not missing any components, and all rule books included.
- Collectable playing cards (e.g. Magic) will be considered, but our ability to manage such items is quite limited.
- Consumer-assembled or consumer-painted figures (e.g. 40k) are not accepted at this time. Manufactured figures (e.g. Pathfinder Battles, D&D Icons, etc.) will be considered.
- Roleplaying products will be considered, but are unlikely to be accepted.
- Out of print products will be considered, but are unlikely to be accepted.
We will need to examine your game before making an offer. But assuming it is acceptable, items still in print generally receive store credit equal to half the manufacterer suggested retail price. For out-of-print or hard to find items, we may offer credit equal to its lowest findable price (comparing eBay, Amazon, Miniature Market, Cool Stuff Inc, etc.).
When to Bring in Games
You can bring games in during our usual times (Thurs/Fri/Sat, 1-9 pm) or we can arrange another time to meet you. Please note it may take a while, as we need to fully examine and count all game components. If our staff is busy, we will request you leave your games with us for review and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Please contact us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org (307) 461-0604