Game Rental, Exchange, and Consignment
We offer several programs for the tabletop community:
- Rental - Intrigued by a game, but worried about buying a dud? Or maybe you want to try something different but money is tight? For just $4, take one of our demo copies home for up to a week! And when you bring it back, if you decide to buy a new copy your rental fee will be discounted from the purchase price. Details.
- Exchange - Tired of a game and want something new? If we don't have the game in our library, and your copy is in good condition, we offer store credit in exchange. Details.
- Consignment - If your game doesn't meet our criteria for exchange, we may be willing to put it on the shelf for others to buy. If it sells, you'll get 70% of the revenue (or 100% in store credit). We'll even pay the sales tax. Details.
Game Rental Details
You can play any of our demo games for free during our open play hours (Thursdays, 1-9 pm). But if you want to ensure you'll have access to the game, or want to play it at your conveneience, then renting can be a great idea. (Note that not all demo games are available for rental.)
For $4 per game (up to 3 games at a time) you can take it home for up to a week. Did you like the game? When you return it, your rental fee can be used as a discount for buying a new copy!
Current Games Available to Rent
- 7 Wonders
- 7 Wonders: Duel
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game
- Betrayal at House on the Hill
- Captain Sonar
- Citadels (2016 updated edition)
- Clank! A Deckbuilding Adventure
- Hostage Negotiator (with Abductor Pack #1 and #2 expansions)
- King of Tokyo (2016 updated edition)
- The Resistance
- Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective (Thames cases)
- Smash Up (with Awesome Level 9000 expansion)
- Thunder Alley
- Ticket to Ride
- Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
What do I need to do?
To rent a game, you’ll need to sign a rental agreement (the usual "you break it, you buy it") and let us keep your credit card info on file. Take the game home and play! It’s due back in a week.
What If I Ruin Everything?
If you’re late, we’ll charge your card an extra fee ($4 per game) and your due date will be extended another week. If you return the game damaged or with pieces missing, we’ll charge you for what it costs us to replace things. (We will try to keep these fees as low as possible by only replacing the problem components, but if vital parts cannot be replaced individually we may have to replace the whole game.) If at any time the fees you've been charged total the price we sell the game for, then the late or damaged copy will become yours and charges will cease.
Game Exchange Details
We accept used games in exchange for store credit, using the following guidelines:
- Generally, the game must not already be in our library. Call us and ask if you're not sure.
- The game must be in excellent condition: In the original box, no tears or rips in the box or components, not missing any components, and all rule books included. Dinged and dented games may occassionally be accepted, though for less credit.
- Collectable playing cards (e.g. Magic) and miniature figures (e.g. 40k) are not accepted. We do not have the capital, storage space, or time required to properly handle such items.
- Roleplaying products will be considered, but are unlikely to be accepted.
- Out of print products will be considered, but are unlikely to be accepted.
We will need to examine your games before making an offer. But assuming the game is acceptable, items still in print generally receive store credit equal to half the manufacterer suggested retail price. For out-of-print or hard to find items, we may offer credit equal to its lowest findable price (comparing eBay, Amazon, Miniature Market, Cool Stuff, etc.).
When to Bring in Games
You can bring games in during our usual times (Thurs/Fri/Sat, 1-9 pm) or another time can be arranged. Please note it may take a while, as we need to fully examine and count all game components. If our staff is busy, we will request you leave your games with us for review and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Please contact us with questions: email@example.com (307) 461-0604
Game Consignment Details
If we are not able to accept a game for exchange, we may offer to sell it on consignment. Space is limited, so in general only complete games in great condition will be accepted. You can decide what price you'd like to sell the game for, though if we think the game is unlikely to sell at that price we may be less willing to put it on the shelf. If the game sells you'll get 70% of the revenue, and we will pay sales taxes out of our cut. (If you prefer to get store credit, you'll receive 100% of the revenue, less the sales tax.) If the game doesn't sell in 2 months it will be removed from the shelf and you'll be asked to retrieve it. If you don't pick it up within a month it will be donated.